Friday, May 27, 2011

ME

I found this poem from a time in my life....years ago.....


ME

I am the only "me" I've got.  I am unique.
There are two major parts of me;
There is the inside "me" and the outside "me."

The outside me is what you see.
The way i act, the image I portray, the way I look and the things I do.
The outside me is very important.
It is my messenger to the world and much of my outside me is what
communicates with you.
I value what I have done, the way I look, and what I share with you.

The inside me knows all my feelings, my secret ideas,
and my many hopes and dreams.
Sometimes I let you know a little bit about the inside me,
and sometimes it's a very private part of myself.

Even though there is an enormous number of people in this world,
no one is exactly like "me."

I take full responsibility for "me" and the more I learn about myself,
the more responsibility I am going to take.

You see, my "me" is my responsibility.
As I know myself more and more, i found out that I am an OK person.
I've done some good things in life because I am a good person.
I have accomplished some things in my life because I am a competent person.
I know some special people because I am worth knowing.
I celebrate the many things I have done for myself.

I've also made some mistakes.
I can learn from them.

I have also known some people who did not appreciate me.
I do not need to keep those people in my life.
I've wasted some precious time.

I can make new choices now.
As long as I can see, hear, feel, think, change, grow, and behave,
I have great possibility.

I'm going to take those risks and those possibilities,
and I am going to grow and love and be and celebrate.

I AM WORTH IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment!